Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dave's Homeroast Coffee Feature/Review!




~Interview with Dave from Dave's Homeroast Coffee~

1. Tell us about yourself.
I am a professional journalist who was looking for better coffee and became a homeroaster. I am a lifelong Midwesterner who is married and has two sons, one of whom has special needs.

2. What inspired you to start your shop?
I was in the habit of giving my coffee away and realized that was a bad idea. By selling it, the people who want it can get it. The money goes to a charity related to my older son's illness.

3. What is your favorite blend of coffee currently in your shop and why? 
It's like choosing my favorite child. But you've reminded me that I need to restock. I order all my raw coffee from Sweet Maria's. They cater to homeroasters and provide a lot of information about their products.

4. 5 Words to Describe you
-Creative
-Strange
-Thoughtful
-Dry
-Overweight

 
5. What would be your advice to other Etsy sellers?
Superserve everyone individually.
 
6. Your favorite quote of saying..
"Oh, my."




**My Review**
I was ecstatic when I found out that I would be doing a feature on Dave's Homeroast Coffee! Dave has really been a pleasure to work with. I absolutely love the fact that all of the proceeds from the coffee goes to a charity to fight Batten Disease, called BDSRA.

What is Batten Disease?
Over time, affected children suffer mental impairment, worsening seizures, and progressive loss of sight and motor skills. Eventually, children with Batten disease/NCL become blind, bedridden and unable to communicate, and, presently, it is always fatal.
Batten disease is not contagious or, at this time, preventable.

So, when I opened my mailbox the day I received it I could smell the aroma through the package! It smelled great! I could even go as far to say that it smelled better than some well known coffee franchises, but I won't go into detail with that. 
The coffee that Dave's Homeroast sent me was the Guatemalan Antigua Retana Red Bourbon.  While I could have waited till the morning to brew some, I just couldn't wait! The aroma filled the house and when the classic beeping of my coffee pot went off, I took out like a bat out of (you know where..LOL).
I added some Spenda and some Sweet Italian Cream to it...YUMMY!
I HIGHLY recommend this coffee to you guys!
Find them:
For Non-Coffee Items: Cafepress

                                            
**I received no monetary compensation to do this review. I did receive a product(s) from the company so I could give my honest review. ***

1 comment:

  1. hi, I love good coffee..I'm addicted to my Keurig machine! lol
    I am now following your blog! thanks for following mine as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Good or Bad :P